Towards Safer Therapies
In the heart of the science and business location Heidelberg, GeneWerk GmbH has found ideal conditions for steady growth. For six years, the company with its experienced and motivated staff has been offering NGS-based molecular biological analysis services, especially for companies in the pharmaceutical, life sciences and biotechnology industries.
The aim is to advance the development of innovative therapies such as gene and immunotherapies through comprehensive safety analyses. Safe and effective therapies are thus
within reach for many diseases.
With the help of the investor Ampersand Capital Partners, GeneWerk will push ahead with its expansion in the USA in order to better serve the rapidly growing American market.
We are looking for a new team member to join a great team as soon as possible in Heidelberg:
Spectrum of Tasks
- Perform molecular analyses according to defined standard operating procedures and protocols under development, including techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, (RT)qPCR, standard and customized library preparation protocols for DNA/RNA sequencing on different platforms or ddPCR.
- Participate in assay development, optimization, qualification/validation and implementation of new methods and protocols.
- Report to and support the management regarding unexpected assay occurrences, deviations, and out-of-specification results in compliance with existing regulations. Collaborate in the elaboration of processes and documents related to GxP compliance and maintenance of high-quality standards.
- Regular and independently maintain written/electronic records of laboratory procedures and results according to our quality management standards.
- Collaborate with the Lab Assistance team in the setup of new devices, the preventive maintenance and verification of existing lab equipment, and the preparation of related documentation.
- Completed scientific-technical training as MTA, BTA, biology laboratory assistant (m/f/d) or comparable qualification
- Previous research and/or industry laboratory experience conducting molecular analysis such as qPCR, ddPCR and/or next generation sequencing will be an advantage.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently in a goal oriented fashion within a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Team player with pleasure for independent and responsible work.
- Strong team player willing to collaborate and support colleagues across the company.
- High commitment to quality and willingness to work in a GxP environment.
- Good knowledge of English for working in an international team / with international customers.
- A collaborative, professional and motivating working environment in a dynamically growing life science company;
- Fixed salary; company pension opportunities;
- Flexible working environment (working via home office possible);
- Expanding quality department and the ability to help shape the future program;
- Professional and personal development opportunities;
- Pleasant working atmosphere within our international team.
GeneWerk GmbH, Im Neuenheimer Feld 582,
69120 Heidelberg, Germany | email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application.
We are also happy to answer questions on the phone: +49 6221 42790-13 | Contact Person: Luisa Wassermann, Management Assistant